We represent private equity and venture funds, wealth management firms, independent investors, management, portfolio companies, and businesses in investment transactions and mergers and acquisitions.
Our venture and private equity investment practice ranges from initial convertible debt and seed rounds through late stage growth rounds, and often involves complex financial restructuring (representative examples below).
Our M&A practice includes representation of both buyers and sellers in PE transactions (representative examples below).
Investments (seed through late stage)
- German Venture Fund: counsel for investment in US private equity fund;
- GTY Technology Holdings: special counsel for $642 million offering and business combination;
- L Catterton: counsel for more than 10 growth capital investments;
- Silicon Valley Auto technology company: issuance of securities in refinancing of private equity investors; and
- Wakelet Limited: UK Internet Content Aggregation Site in security token offering and multiple investment rounds.
Buyer Side M&A
- Apollo Global: multiple acquisitions for +$4 Billion revenue portfolio company, including platform deal to establish cyber-security division;
- JAB Holdings: representation of portfolio companies (Au Bon Pain and Panera) in multiple acquisitions;
- L Catterton: add-on acquisition for portfolio company and over a dozen growth capital investments;
- Pamplona Capital: M&A counsel for multiple U.S. acquisitions by portfolio company.
Seller Side M&A
- Compendia (innovative provider of homeowner web portals and manuals): sale to portfolio company of CIP Capital;
- Energy Initiatives Group (leading energy services consulting firm): sale to portfolio company of General Atlantic;
- Lightyear Capital: sale of portfolio company subsidiary to Maestro Health;
- Logistics Company: sale of controlling interest to fund sponsored by family office;
- Northeast Wholesale (leading distributor of building products): sale to portfolio company of Platinum Equity; and
- On-demand, Omni-channel E-Commerce Solutions Company: sale to PE-backed unified commerce solutions provider.